Samstag, 9. November 2013

books which I am dying to read - Autumn edition

I don't know if you feel me here - but if you love books you probably do - being too slow when it comes to reading but being QUICK AS FUCK when it comes to get excited about new books. There is this one pile (or more virtually speaking my Amazon wishlist) of classics/books that probably most of the online book community have already consumed, reviewed, talked and cried about and wouldn't hesitate to mention the book's ending in a random sub clause. This list contains monumental fiction as Pride & Prejudice as well as the Percy Jackson Series or Insurgent, so yeah, thanks for acknowledging that I'm behind. Book publishing could stop for several years without me being affected at all, because I can live off these resources for AGES.


But there is also this other pile of books, that nobody is really demanding me to read, like they are not mentioned on a regular basis in booktuber's most recent wrap ups and I am not more than the average amount afraid of getting spoilered. Somehow, I manage to get excited about these books without anyone mentioning it and want to read them on the spot - although this almost never happens since I'm always in the middle of reading another book. So this is my collection of books for the rest of the year :) Maybe you like
to read some of these along with me?

A Long Way Down - Nick Hornby Why don't I just read this book already? Bought it 4 years ago, read fifty pages and abandoned it - although it was really witty and well thought trough. Story about 4 people meeting at a roof top when trying to commit suicide just DEMANDS to be read.

FILTH - Irvine Welsh I was shocked and amazed and left without any hope in humanity and left with so many feelings after watching the movie a couple of weeks ago - it goes without saying that I needed to get more into the spoiled and layered character of Bruce Robertson (portrayed by the brilliant James McAvoy). VERY EXCITED FOR THIS ONE ACTUALLY.

Club Dead - Charlaine Harris My inner Sookie Stackhouse needs to be treated with the third part of the series. And since I started this one 3-4 years ago, I think it's about damn time.

The Selection - Kiera Cass Booktube made me buy it basically. Want to get into the story and make my mind about the characters that most people tend to find rahter annoying, am I right? Sorry guys but I'm used to Zooey Redbird (House of Night) and no one can possibly be more annoying than her.

Virginia Woolf - To The Lighthouse The summary of this one just sounds so nice and simple. Love, family, responsibility. I'd rather read this book today than tommorow.

What books are YOU dying to read this month/year? I always need insiprations to add to my pile of must-reads because the bigger the better, right?

enjoy reading & love hemingway!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen