Mittwoch, 19. Juli 2017

all the books I've read before...

Posting irregularly as fuck is something blogger should at all time fear. You're not providing the world with enough content to acutally create an audience. Boom, you fail. While this might be true, not constantly sharing stuff is also useful when it comes to taking a longer break since no one will miss you. There is no unwritten constract between you and your readers to post, you don't have to say good bye and own nobody an explanation. So that's what I am rejoicing in right now. Because - even if you probably haven't realised it at all - I have been away, for half a year, on the other end of the world.




Spending six months in New Zealand working and (let's face it) more traveling has provided me with a lot of free time to read which I actually didn't expect. Shouldn't I be spending all my time experiencing something, like you know, in the moment or something? This mentality is bullshit to be honest, even when your daily routine is completly different and you couldn't be farther from home, there will always be times when you just want to relax and enjoy the comfort of a good book. Or at least, for me it's that way. Book lover and all, how could I expect to lose track of one of my favorite past times?

Plus, there are huge perks of being in an english speaking country when you're into english books - they're (unlike in Germany) actually sold in store there! I found lots of second hand book shops and even treated myself to one expensive new edition of Brideshead Revisited (come on, it was Christmas and I was in a hazy summer temperature state). I also saved some bucks by swaping books... ok mainly just getting books from places for free, since I obviously wanted to bring my precious books with me back home. So I ended up with six physical copies of book in my backback on my flight back to Germany. It was heavy but worth it nonetheless.




Some of the books I've read during the time became personal favorites (Jane Eyre, my love!!!), others mainly served to pass the time. Every book was an experience and I probably never forget reading a single one of them. Over the course of the next few weeks (let's see about that) I'd like to review some of them, especially with my point of view from back then in mind but also with a little sneak peak to how I feel about them now.







Full list of titles I read from: october '16 - april '1

Girlboss - Sophia Amoruso
Tuesdays with Morrie - Mitch Albom
Juliet, Naked - Nick Hornby
The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time - Mark Haddon
Jane Eyre - Charlotte Brontë
The Girl on the Train - Paula Hawkins
Brideshead Revisited - Evelyn Waugh
The Frog King - Adam Davies
The Day of the Triffids - John Wyndham
Cloud Atlas - David Mitchell


Let the book blogging begin again. And maybe, after some time, there might be a routine writing on this corner of the internet after all... let's hope I will still be able to go away then. :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen